5/15/2016

MÜNCHEN



As you may or may not have noticed I've been back in Finland for about a couple of weeks now, without having posted anything from my trip to Munich, I am ashamed to admit. Well, now I'll supply you with a generous amount of photos to make up for it. The majority of photos that I took during my stay are of architectural sights, which is quite evident from what I'm showing you here. Before arriving I wasn't aware that Munich has preserved so many beautiful old buildings. It's really too bad Finland hasn't done the same, I truly hate the grayness and monotonous boxiness of modern Finnish architecture - it's awfully depressing. Besides wonderful buildings all around the city we were lucky enough to enjoy of superb weather. We spent a lot of time walking around the city visiting different attractions, such as the Nymphenburg Palace and Olympiapark (both depicted in the photos above).

       It was super nice to spend some time with Pilvi and Bharathi, seeing as we don't see each other that often. We had some pretty awesome throwback moments listening to old songs (Justin Timberlake and The Black Eeyed Peas ftw) and, of course, also did some catching up. Pilvi did a great job showing us the city (despite of one failure of a night when we ended up just kind of walking around town without any final destination because we weren't patient enough to queue for many hours - something you apparently can't avoid in big cities). Overall I liked the city very much, in spite of not knowing the language and being a big fan of drinking water (which in Germany is frustratingly expensive).

       I'll probably be putting together a short video of this trip later on. That will probably give you guys a better idea of what the city was like. But I still have some uncompleted school work left to finish as well as a heap of photos to edit, which I'll have to prioritize, so I'll probably have time to work on the video in June at the earliest. Until then I'll do my best to keep you updated. There are so many things that I want to do during the summer and I'd love to share my experiences with you guys as well. I'm just feeling really optimistic at the moment, which is actually quite typical for me at this time of the year. It's so peculiar how the weather can have such a remarkable effect on one's mood.

9 comments:

  1. I really enjoying browsing all your photos. I didn't know that Munich was so beautiful. That church is so magnificent!!! I'm sure you had a lovely time....it is good to know that you enjoyed visiting this city. Isn't it crazy how expensive water is in Germany? It is like they want us to drink beer? Unfortunately, I hate beer (and I don't drink alchohol at all) so in the past I ended up paying a lot for water. Well, it is a while since I travelled outside Croatia and BIH but at least I don't have to worry about that here because tap water is drinkable.

    I'm glad to hear you're feeling optimistic, I feel pretty optimistic myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you've enjoyed my photos! Yeah, the water thingy is unfortunate, I've always preferred water over anything else, especially when eating. So Germany is perhaps not the country for me then :D Nevertheless, I did enjoy my stay a lot! It's always mind-widening to experience new cultures :)

      Delete
  2. You have a great sense of style, I love this look from head to toe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume you're referring to the outfit in the previous post, but anyhow, thank you, glad you like it! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! You took wonderful photos of Munich♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) It was an easy target, so many beautiful things to photograph!

      Delete
  4. She had wear in different style of costume are there in this blog.Cartincoupon.com

    ReplyDelete